Today marks National Massachusetts Day which recognises the first New England colony and the 6th state to join the Union. Massachusetts was named after the people who populated the area when explorers (later the pilgrims) first arrived, Massachusetts became an support for independence, education, and industries across the USA. It’s also the location of one of our key partners in the USA where they have an office in Boston.
Check out and enjoy some interesting facts about Massachusetts:
• Boston built the first subway system in the United States in 1897
• The official state dessert of Massachusetts is Boston cream pie
• The 14 counties in Massachusetts are made up of 43 cities and 308 towns
• Boston Common became the first public park in America
• As of June 2018, the population of Massachusetts was estimated to be 6,895,917. It is the 15th most populous state in the United States.
• Massachusetts holds the two largest cites in New England, Boston, the largest, and Worcester